They say music is something which always takes you to other world, gives pleasure, inspiration and energy to deal with various situations. These are my top 25 picks for ‘My GAY friends’. Being Gay or realizing this thing can be so hard to survive and to deal with. When I was going from this phase Music helped me a lot to turn up the things and I fought my battle and still doing that! These songs are basically to inspire my Gay friends to make a comeback to life by leaving all their tension and depression. These are my personal favorites also and I am not focusing on any particular genre or singer, concept and meaning are important factors here.
Hope You’ll like this! Enjoy!
25. My Dirty Little Secret - The All American Rejects
‘I keep you my dirty little secret’ Upps I’ll say ‘I keep MYSELF A DIRTY LITTLE SECRET!’ (Dirty is so good in this case)
Song talks about various secrets of people which are outrageous and often take as bad habits or acts though they don’t have any problem from keeping such secrets. Beats are fast and it’s a rocking song!
Secrets are which we hide from others and Your Biggest Secret is that You are GAY!
Guilt in mind? Ok! Let’s make it a ‘Guilty Pleasure’…and enjoy!
My Favorite Lines:
“The way she feels inside
Those thoughts I can't deny
These sleeping thoughts won't lie
And all I've tried to hide
It's eating me apart
Trace this life back!”
Those thoughts I can't deny
These sleeping thoughts won't lie
And all I've tried to hide
It's eating me apart
Trace this life back!”
24. That Was Then This Is Now –Vitamin C
‘That Was Then This Is Now’ so true. Many Gays think the life they were living before the realization of being gay was way better and now their life is hell! It’s all about destiny and we have to live the life which given to us by God. I don’t mean we should be the way we are! Make it more beautiful…Your criticizers always want you to see you are struggling from bad but you just move ahead and Now Listen this song and turn back for a while and say proudly ‘THAT WAS THEN THIS NOW!’
My Favorite Lines:
“Funny how you said people never change
Always be together 'til the very end
But that was then and this is now”
Always be together 'til the very end
But that was then and this is now”
23. Would You Be Happier – The Corrs
Everybody got a story. Story of being themselves! It’s all about fast life, You always enter in different stories of your own life and always wonder How quickly time has passed you by and changes are seen!
The Corrs says we promise that tomorrow will be different and happy.
And You got to be just fine! Don’t worry baby! J Live your life happily cause your tomorrow will be pleasant and cherry!
My Favorite Lines:
“Are you not afraid to tell your story now, when everyone is done it's too late
Was everything you've ever said or done not the way you planned, mistake
So you promised that tomorrow, be different than today”
Was everything you've ever said or done not the way you planned, mistake
So you promised that tomorrow, be different than today”
22. Wild Child - Enya
Haunting! When it comes to Enya, then you can accept some peaceful composition to relax and fall some tears while smiling and she will never disappoint you!
Wild Children are children who have lived isolated from human contact starting from a very young age. Gays are Wild Child In some parts of Asian Countries. But this song says WILD CHILD is special and wishing great for him. So are you a wild child?
My Favorite Lines:
“Ever close your eyes
Ever stop and listen
Ever feel alive
And you've nothing missing
You don't need a reason
Let the day go on and on”
Ever stop and listen
Ever feel alive
And you've nothing missing
You don't need a reason
Let the day go on and on”
21. I Don’t Know – Erika
Way to go! I bet very..very few of you know this song. This is song is basically for teens who are towards a mature life. Lots of questions and confusions are around and we ‘DON’T KNOW’ the answers still be happy, cuz’ there is a particular time for every single thing to get discovered. So don’t run behind a thing which is not useful to you right now! This is a Dance number too! I love this song and Erika too!
My Favorite Lines:
“I am not a baby anymore
I am not a same sin as before
I see it in the mirror, in my room
And i can feel it stronger in my soul
But I don't know if its the right day , for this words
Now I say things I didn't say before
I need an explanation, tell me more
Why am I alone now? I don't know’’
I am not a same sin as before
I see it in the mirror, in my room
And i can feel it stronger in my soul
But I don't know if its the right day , for this words
Now I say things I didn't say before
I need an explanation, tell me more
Why am I alone now? I don't know’’
20. Evidence – Everlife
You always seek for a proof about a thing which is happening with you to decide it’s good or bad. Some people loss all the hopes of their life. They think all has ended for them and this bad phase will last forever. We all try to find the meaning of our lives and hopefully it should be the positive one and all what you need is an ‘Evidence’! Evidence of yourself!
This song is like celebration! Celebration of ourselves. I am a true fan of Everlife, These Girls rock! I personally love this song and it helped me a lot in my life in all bad phases! Hope it’ll be helping you also!
My Favorite Lines:
‘’ I am free to believe
What I cannot perceive with my eyes
I can feel with my heart
I don't need to believe with my hands
'Cause faith is so much more than coincidence
It's my evidence’’
What I cannot perceive with my eyes
I can feel with my heart
I don't need to believe with my hands
'Cause faith is so much more than coincidence
It's my evidence’’
19. Lessons Learned – Carrie Underwood
‘Regret’ is a word which can piss us off! I don’t give damn about this word because I take every decision of my life and I am responsible for each output whether its good or bad. So what, if you have made some wrong moves in past? Just start walking on your path and make sure you are not repeating those mistakes again. Accepting your mistakes with warm mind can be a pleasure! First country American Idol says the same, I made lots of mistakes in past but Lessons Learned and I am towards a great future!
My Favorite Lines:
“And every tear that had to fall from my eyes,
Everyday I wondered how I'd get through the night,
Every change, life has thrown me,
I'm thankful, for every break in my heart,”
Everyday I wondered how I'd get through the night,
Every change, life has thrown me,
I'm thankful, for every break in my heart,”
18. Fallen - Sarah McLachlan
This song is all about standing back again when you are destroyed by something. It’s also about preparing our self for a fight back! Wonderful Lyrics by Sarah. People ask me who is your all time favorite singer? I say ‘Sarah McLachlan’. J So you are already dominated by a situation? Ok! So play this song by dedicating to yourself!
My Favorite Lines:
“Though I've tried, I've fallen...
I have sunk so low
I messed up
Better I should know
So don't come round here
And tell me I told you so...”
I have sunk so low
I messed up
Better I should know
So don't come round here
And tell me I told you so...”
17. Playing God – Paramore
Aggression! Worth it! Paramore, pretty much popular huh?
Playing God is song of aggression. I believe everyone should have some quantity of aggression so no one will ever try to dominate you. Blames, I know this word has a lot bigger meaning and blames (based or baseless) are so much irritating and can easily take you out your mind. Fed up with Blames? Blames by family, partner, friends, teachers and almost whole world are making you tear your hair. Ohh! you are about to do that? Wait a while…Listen this song and Get some energy!
My Favorite Lines:
''you don't have to beieve me
But the way I, way I see it
Next time you point a finger
I might have to bend it back
Or break it, break it off
Next time you point a finger... I'll point you to the mirror”
16. Breakaway – Kelly Clarkson
This song is all about moving on, moving on towards good by accepting all the changes. It’s like spreading your wings in a big blue sky for the very first time. This song is so inspirational and can change your life. The First ever American Idol gave her best in this song. Video of this song is also motivating, it reflects her journey from her childhood to celebrity stardom. This song is so special to me, My X-institute played this song for me on my farewell day. I believe it’s my song! J and yes yours too!
My Favorite Lines:
‘’I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly
I'll do what it takes til' I touch the sky
And I'll make a wish
Take a chance
Make a change
And breakaway’’
I'll do what it takes til' I touch the sky
And I'll make a wish
Take a chance
Make a change
And breakaway’’
15. Feels like home – Orianthi
Another moving on song! Accepting New changes and feel happy cause these changes are about to bring happiness to your life. Orianthi says she is shifting to California from her current place. In this song California is a symbol of happiness and she is moving to happiness from current feeling of loneliness. She says in her new place she is getting the feelings of ‘Home’ (feelings of relaxation, comforts and joy). This song is so fast and better while journey! Let’s move forward…
My Favorite Lines:
‘’I dont know what she says right here.
So real that i cant deny it, I dont feel alone,
It somehow feels like home.’’
So real that i cant deny it, I dont feel alone,
It somehow feels like home.’’
14. Beautiful – Christina Aguilera
Beautiful! This song is all about the comparison. Comparison between beauty and ugly, strong and weak, rich and poor and list goes on..This song is sad and as well as motivating too!
Christina is a one of the recognized singer and with lots of gay fans. She said all the things which can run in the mind of a person who is a victim of comparison in this song. She says ‘I am beautiful and don’t matter what THEY say’ and ‘You can’t bring me down today’! Gays are always victims of comparison with so called normal people from various factors. So Just take a breath of pride with this song and say ‘I’m Beautiful’! J
My Favorite Lines:
‘’I am beautiful no matter what they say
Words can't bring me down
I am beautiful in every single way
Yes, words can't bring me down
So don't you bring me down today’’
Words can't bring me down
I am beautiful in every single way
Yes, words can't bring me down
So don't you bring me down today’’
13. Unwritten – Natasha Bedingfield
Wanna dance with joy? With pride? Ok let’s play this song!
This song fills you with happiness and energy. It also helps you to find yourself, your hidden talent. Natasha says live your life wide and open by enjoying it’s every single moment. Your life is yours no one is here on earth to make it happening. Only one person a can change it and that is ‘YOU’! So get up and dance because this is your time now! J
My Favorite Lines:
‘’Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else’’
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else’’
12. World on Fire – Sarah McLachlan
Sarah is back in my list again with her worldwide hit ‘World On Fire’. Song is about new world of technologies where emotions have less important. She says world is on the fire (boom), changing rapidly and humans are also changing themselves with it. No one is around you to be your strength because all are busy with their lives so BE THE STRENGTH OF YOUR OWN! Let them continue their life the way they want…But You just be the original!
My Favorite Lines:
‘’Hearts are worn in these dark ages
You're not alone in this story's pages
Night has fallen amongst the living and the dying
And I try to hold it in, yeah I try to hold it in…’’
You're not alone in this story's pages
Night has fallen amongst the living and the dying
And I try to hold it in, yeah I try to hold it in…’’
11. 30 Minutes – t.A.T.u
I won’t be surprise if many of you will cry while listening to this song! t.A.T.u is a band based on the concept of gay/lesbian world and yes our favorite band too!
Song shows the clear picture of realization of being gay/lesbian. The mental situations, those breakdowns, attraction, confusion and complications! Lots of Gays afraid about one thing ‘How their parents will react when they will come to know about their son’s sexuality?’ This song is Suits best!
This song starts with a whispering sound of girl saying ‘‘Mama, Pappa forgive me’’ and whole song goes on and on while explaining a lesbian’s mental situation when she is feeling attraction towards a girl and how she is in love with her and this all happening in just ’30 MINUTES’.
My Favorite Lines:
"Out of sight, out of mind
Out of time to decide
Do we run? Should I hide
For the rest of my life…’’
Do we run? Should I hide
For the rest of my life…’’
10. What I Can Not Change – Leaan Rimes
Finally a disco song for you to dance at late night, when beats are slow on dance floor. You are drunk and you know there is lot of pain in your life but still you are dancing while neglecting that and trying to be happy!
Leaan Rimes’s this world wide hit makes you dance with full on passion with a great meaningful lyrics, Song says just let go all the things which are complicated and which are out of your hands! Forgive and Forget! Change yourself according to the situation! This song is much popular in American gay clubs and discotheques.
My Favorite Lines:
‘’I will learn to let go what I cannot change
I will learn to forgive what I cannot change
I will learn to love what I cannot change
But I will change, I will change
Whatever I, whenever I can’’
I will learn to forgive what I cannot change
I will learn to love what I cannot change
But I will change, I will change
Whatever I, whenever I can’’
9. Hard Times – Eastmountainsouth
There is New Day after every Dark Night. Hard times so what? Don’t just sit with hopeless mind, There are better plans for all by God but You just have to fight back. This song is so inspirational, it says ‘hard times will come again no more’
Song is so haunting and with great meaning. It starts with slow beats but when it goes on and on it takes up a speed and you start moving on its beats. Message from this song is Keep Hopes! I remember I Cried and smile many times while listening to this song. J
My Favorite Lines:
‘’ let us pause in life's pleasures and count its many tears
while we all sup sorrow with the poor
there's a song that will linger forever in our ears
oh, hard times come again no more’’
while we all sup sorrow with the poor
there's a song that will linger forever in our ears
oh, hard times come again no more’’
8. One Republic – Good Life
Well One Republic is not all about Apologize :p ! Good Life, you can judge this by the title only. In this song a guy saying he is now in London and it’s his first day over there and life has changed but he is happy. He is missing all his friends and other things from his past. But still he saying these changes are welcomable, He is having hopes from his life and that is why he is calling his life ‘Good’. Song is in pleasant tone and cherry!
My Favorite Lines:
‘’Hopelessly , I feel like there might be something that I'll miss
Hopelessly , I feel like the window closes oh so quick
Hopelessly , I'm taking a mental picture of you now
'Cuz hopelessly !
The hope is we have so much to feel good about’’
Hopelessly , I feel like the window closes oh so quick
Hopelessly , I'm taking a mental picture of you now
'Cuz hopelessly !
The hope is we have so much to feel good about’’
7. I’m Alive – Celine Dion
Celine is well known for her Titanic Theme, My Heat Will Go On, but do you know her other classic compositions?
She is way better in Love songs but she also gave some of the hits which are about personal issues and motivation. I’m Alive is the perfect song to wake up with or to listen in the morning, while travelling from local trains/metros. It’s my Alarm Tone too! :P. This song just boosts you with energy and blesses you for a fresh and energetic day.
It’s time to feel fresh and to say ‘I AM ALIVE’.
My Favorite Lines:
‘’When you bless the day
I just drift away
All my worries die
I'm glad that I'm alive’’
I just drift away
All my worries die
I'm glad that I'm alive’’
6. How Soon Is Now? - t.A.T.u
Finally, Story of all of us. t.A.T.u made me cry several times for this song. This song is of gays/lesbians that get discriminated and hated by so called normal people. Singer is saying that I am a Human and I need to get loved don’t judge me by my sexuality. You all can relate to lyrics, Song goes with an aggression tone. I’d recommend you all to go and listen to t.A.T.u’s all albums they are so real and we can relate to them.
My Favorite Lines:
‘’You shut your mouth
How can you say
I go about things the wrong way
I am a human and i need to be loved
Just like everybody else does….’’
How can you say
I go about things the wrong way
I am a human and i need to be loved
Just like everybody else does….’’
5. I Kissed a Boy – Chris Salvatore
It’s about being gay. Chris Salvatore tried his best (I know He looked so hot in Eating Out) :P
He says he kissed a guy for very first time and he feels so right and wrong too (as society wants all guys to marry with girls only, I wonder in which dictionary it’s mentioned!) He is Gay though he is saying ‘hope my girl friend don’t have any problem If I make out with a boy.’ (It’s a taunt to this homophobic society). This song also available in various remixes even in Dance number too!
My Favorite Lines:
‘’This was never the way I planned, Not my intention
I got so brave, drink in hand, Lost my discretion
It's not what, I'm used to, Just wanna try you on
I'm curious for you, Caught my attention’’
I got so brave, drink in hand, Lost my discretion
It's not what, I'm used to, Just wanna try you on
I'm curious for you, Caught my attention’’
4. Don’t Tell Me – Avril Lavigne
I’ll be surprise If you are a ‘Avril Fan’ and still you don’t know this song! :/
Song of Mine and of all people out here on the earth. It’s time to release your frustrations, complications and some fake relationships too! In this song, Avril is complaining about such fake peoples who are (were) in her life. She is saying I don’t need your fake sympathy and support, I am strong enough to manage myself and If you try to go wrong with me, I’ll kick your ass that you’ll never forget!
She ends this song by saying ‘I’m Better of Alone Anyway!’
My Favorite Lines:
‘’Don't think that your charm and the fact that your arm is now around my neck
Will get you in my pants I'll have to kick your ass and make you never forget ’’
Will get you in my pants I'll have to kick your ass and make you never forget ’’
3. Thank You – Dido
A worldwide hit song – Thank You, gives message to be happy for anything, everything in your life. Feel satisfied with what you have and Be Thankful to God for each and every day even though you are facing troubles!
Song is so moving and beats take you higher and higher. In the Video of Thank You, Government officials destroying Dido’s home as she failed to pay the maintenance charges of house on time. She is leaving the place by saying Thank You to God and She is saying It’s the Best Day of her life! I listen to this song while driving, traveling and even while sitting in window early in the morning. It just feels me up with positive energy, Try it once and Be Thankful!
My Favorite Lines:
"Push the door, I'm home at last
and I'm soaking through and through
Then you hand me a towel
and all I see is you’’
and I'm soaking through and through
Then you hand me a towel
and all I see is you’’
2. Fucki'n Perfect – Pink
I mentioned about this song in my first article. Song is motivating & positive. Song is for all underrated and underestimated who are always behind than other due to comparison and lack of self esteem.Pink says doesn't matter if you have made some wrong moves in the past, still you can be perfect (Fuckin' Perfect). Just uplift your positive points and then this world is your play-ground. See to the video, That is also nicely done. I found lots of gays here with lack of confidence and self esteem...This song id for them!
My Favorite Lines:
‘’You're so mean When you talk
About yourself, you were wrong
Change the voices in your head
Make them like you instead’’
About yourself, you were wrong
Change the voices in your head
Make them like you instead’’
1. Return to the Innocence - Enigma
Song with a great lyrics, great beats, great singer and great meaning! Enigma’s best so far.
This song gives you the pure feeling of heaven. You will start moving with song while singing and you’ll wonder how you started doing that? You’ll play this song repeatedly like Me.
Return to the Innocence – I believe this is a process of being true, being ourselves, being happy and living our life on our terms without any hesitation. If we all human beings start living our lives like the way it’s mentioned in this song then everything is beautiful! I am dedicating this song to all my LGBT friends and wishing them happy journey…Yes, Journey! Their Journey of "Returning To the Innocence!’’
My Favorite Lines:
"Don't be afraid to be weak
Don't be too proud to be strong
Just look into your heart my friend
That will be the return to yourself
The return to innocence’’
Don't be too proud to be strong
Just look into your heart my friend
That will be the return to yourself
The return to innocence’’
I assure you that music helps you a lot in any situation. You just go through these songs, listen them, download them, read the lyrics and most important CONNECT THEM WITH YOURSLEF AND GET MOTIVATED! IF YOU THINK I MISSED ANY SONG THAT YOU KNOW ABOUT OUR TOPIC THEN PLEASE LET ME KNOW, SUGGTIONS ARE ALWAYS WELOCOMABLE!
I appreciate your time on this article, Thank You so much!
Regards, Muahhh :-*
- Nakshatra


1 comment:
Gr8 Job Arnab :)
Post a Comment